I love Thanksgiving dinner, but I love Thanksgiving leftovers even more. Here are some of my favorite ways to use all of our leftovers.
Tune in to WGN Chicago on Friday, November 26th to see these leftovers in action.
Update 11.25.21 WGN TV SEGMENT
1. Leftover Thanksgiving Brunch Board - This is my take on a Chicken & Waffles Brunch Board. I take leftover turkey and make fried turkey bites and use the leftover stuffing to make stuffing waffles. So, it's a Fried Turkey & Stuffing Waffles Brunch Board.
2. Stuffing Waffles Open Faced Turkey Sandwich - I'll use the stuffing waffles to be the base for an open faced turkey sandwich, complete with mashed potatoes and gravy.
3. Swiss Turkey Pasta Salad (done 2 ways)
Cold pasta salad and/or put pasta salad into a casserole dish with shredded cheese and heat. I usually use chicken in this recipe, but it's also delicious with turkey. Recipe is below.
Friendsgiving-(for those that had Thanksgiving on Thursday, but still need to make a dish using their leftovers for a weekend Friendsgiving Dinner)
4. Thanksgiving Galette - I'll make an easy, savory galette using refrigerated pie dough and all the goodies from Thanksgiving in it.
5. Stuffing Stuffed Mushrooms - This is a great appetizer to bring to a Friendsgiving Party or to eat while watching football. This is a great party bite.
6. Apple Pie Milkshake - When we have that last piece of pie sitting around and wonder what to do with it. We'll throw the pie in a blender with ice cream and milk, then top it with some salted caramel.